The Hugh Stephens Library & Student Success Center have several openings for a professional Evening & Weekend Library Supervisor & Tutor to work 15 hours per week beginning mid-August.
The library and SSC seek professionals who can be self-directed members of the Library/SSC teams to oversee the library on evenings and weekends, provide research assistance, and provide writing assistance and/or subject tutoring to both undergraduate and graduate students (graduate students only receive writing assistance). These part-time positions will work evenings and weekends, and only for weeks during the Fall and Spring Semesters for which there are evening and weekend hours.
- Provide research assistance to the Stephens’ Community and broader research community.
- Assist students and faculty with research databases, web searching, formatting styles such as APA and MLA, and computer applications as necessary to meet information needs.
- Ability to guide students through the different stages in the writing process for both Composition I and writing intensive courses within majors.
- General supervision of the library building during the evening and weekend hours.
- Supervise student workers during the evening and weekend hours.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a patron-focused philosophy required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding records and information.
- Assumes other responsibilities and/or special projects as assigned.
- Master’s degree or current graduate student with a high level of academic achievement.
- Previous library experience helpful, but not required.
- Demonstrated writing ability through the application process and/or a writing sample.
- Demonstrated experience in assisting students with writing assignments or projects for general education courses or in specific majors.
- Ability to tutor in science fields, a plus.
Job Link & Application Requirements:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names & contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must also complete the Stephens College Online Application for Employment (https://www.stephens.edu/services/hr/jobs/job-application/).
Applications will be reviewed until the positions are filled.
The successful candidate must pass a college background check.
Dan Kammer, Library Director
email@example.com or (573) 876-7273