Rockhurst University seeks a Discovery Services Assistant for the Greenlease Library who will demonstrate support of the University’s Jesuit mission and values. Rockhurst emphasizes learning, leadership, and service. Our mission is to transform lives by creating a learning community centered on excellence in undergraduate liberal and graduate education. Rockhurst is Catholic and Jesuit, involved in the life and growth of the city and the region, and committed to the service of the contemporary world.
The position is responsible for modifying and creating exceptional bibliographic records to make content in all formats accessible and discoverable. Responsibilities require consistent decisions when interpreting cataloging rules regarding bibliographic and authority records, mastery in the use of cataloging tools, and application of local policies. The successful applicant will also assist in the development of policies and procedures in the department, which includes teamwork in problem solving, planning, executing solutions, and evaluating results.
The position involves responsibility for performing a wide range of para-professional cataloging and collection maintenance tasks and assigned special projects, which may include growth in the area of digitization, based on the Content Management and Discovery Services department’s needs.
Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited higher education institution
- Demonstrated aptitude for detailed and precise work
- Use of effective and proactive verbal and written communication
- Ability to effectively select, train and supervise student assistants
- General familiarity with library data standards, including RDA, AACR2, MARC, and LC Classification
- Computer skills necessary to effectively utilize word processing, spreadsheet, ILS and database software applications
Ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of cataloging tools and the ability to keep abreast of changes in cataloging rules and advances in technology.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the principles, methods and practices of library operation
- Self-motivation to organize, prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Ability to implement new technologies to enhance services and content
This position reports to the Content Management and Discovery Services Librarian and works closely with the Content Services Librarian. This is a full-time, non-exempt position (37.5 - 40 hours/week) and the pay range is $30,000 - $35,000 plus benefits.
Interested candidates should apply cover letter, resume or curriculum vita, and contact information for three references at the following webpage: https://www.ejobappvalidityscreening.com/applicant/companies/28333/accounts_with_open_positions
Rockhurst is an Equal Opportunity Employer and uses E-Verify.