The J. Oliver Buswell Jr. Library at Covenant Theological Seminary is seeking a service-oriented and collaborative professional to serve as full-time Access Services Librarian.
- Oversee all operations and staffing of the circulation desk.
- Help maintain a welcoming and professional environment.
- Supervise and train 6 part-time student workers.
- Respond to student and faculty questions about the library, including basic reference questions.
- Maintain course reserves.
- Identify and address lost, late, damaged, and missing materials.
- Formulate, implement, and optimize circulation policies and procedures in coordination with other library staff.
- Manage borrowing and lending activity through the MOBIUS consortium, and work collaboratively with other institutions to address problems.
- MLS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited school; or a master’s-level seminary degree with interest in pursuing a (potentially tuition-paid) library degree.
- Familiarity with the Christian tradition, particularly the Bible itself (66-book Protestant canon).
- Willingness to pursue one of our seminary degrees (tuition-paid) or at least take courses, so as to increase ability to serve theological graduate students.
- Ability to build and sustain effective interpersonal relationships with library staff, students, faculty, and visitors.
- Analytical, organizational, and time management skills, and ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with personal computers, the Internet, and library-related applications. Working knowledge of standard office applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Capacity to adapt to a changing environment and to respond effectively to new needs and priorities.
- Prior experience in an academic library environment, preferably in public services.
- Experience with Innovative Interfaces, Inc.’s Sierra ILS.
Statement of Faith
As Covenant Seminary is the seminary of the Presbyterian Church in America, applicants for this particular position should provide a written statement of faith in keeping with the mission of the Seminary but not restricted to its theological (Presbyterian or Reformed) tradition.
Qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, September 19, 2017.